TES 40 WN
Wacker Silicate TES 40 WN is an ethyl suilicate providing approximately 41% of silicon dioxide (silica) upon complete hydrolysis.
Wacker Silicate TES 40 WN is used for the precipitation of silica. The SiO2 coating firmly binds inorganic fillers and pigments and adheres well to different inorganic substrates like glass, ceramics or metal. Chemical and mechanical properties of the substrates can be improved by the thin SiO2 film, which is also highly heat-resistant.
- Binder for zinc-rich anti-corrosion paints
- Binder for refractory fillers (production of ceramic shells and cores)
- Precision casting
- Coating material for pigments and fibres
- Liquid source of SiO2 as a (film-forming) binder
- Crosslinking agent, e.g. for silicone elastomers
- Sol-gel processes
- Storage-stable, low-viscous binder with a high silica content (41% SiO2, fully hydrolysed)
- Liquid source of silica with a high flash point