Remasol® Jus-Dip™ – A New, Non-settling Slurry
Slurries can be a headache for artists, schools, and small foundries, for many reasons:
- Shell room infrastructure – Shell room equipment is a high-cost investment
- Health and safety risks – There are many risks involved in the investment casting process
- Stock management – 5 – 10 different materials are required for a traditional slurry
- Hard to use – Slurries are often difficult keep in their optimum state over a period of time
It can take over a day to get the slurry mixed and wetted in, and it then has to be maintained during the entire shelling process, while it constantly gets stirred by the rotating tank. Once the production run is finished comes the question do you leave the tank running ready for the next set of patterns and hope that you can maintain it until then, or do you empty the tank and throw away all the unused material.
For a small-scale operation leaving the slurry tanks running constantly may well be the lesser evil, but it is not an ideal solution. But there is an alternative … Jus-Dip!
Jus-Dip is an innovative new colloidal based suspended slurry system that comes ready to use and does not require continuous stirring. Key benefits of Jus-Dip include:
- No slurry tank required – Just dip directly into the container
- No stirring required – Only stir before the first use of the day
- Minimal waste – When not in use, re-seal the container and store in an appropriate place.
Easy to use
Jus-Dip is a pre-blended slurry that contains optimized levels of refractory, additives, and polymer to provide the best performance.
Setup is easy, place the container in your shell room, or wherever you will be dipping, remove the lid and stir. Your slurry is now ready for use, as Jus-Dip doesn’t need to be constantly stirred you can dip directly from the container.
Jus-Dip includes Remet Sci-Dry™ which gives a visual indication of when a shell is dry enough for the next coat. It also includes a wetting agent and an anti-foam, ensuring that the slurry requires a low level of technical equipment and maintenance.
When the slurry is not in use replace the lid and store it until it is required again. If being used in a slurry tank, turn off the tank and cover the slurry to prevent any evaporation.
Health and safety benefits
There are many dangers working in a foundry, with Jus-Dip we have been able to reduce some of these risks.
- Risk of hand crushing – As Jus-Dip can be used directly from the container or any other form of static tank, this removes the danger of hands being caught in the blades or any other moving parts of the tank.
- Dust inhalation – When making up a traditional slurry there is the danger of inhalation of the silica dust while it is being added into the mix. By using a pre-blended slurry this danger is removed, particularly useful in teaching environments where students may not realize the risks.
A number of art and educational foundries have already started to benefit from the advantages provided by Jus-Dip. They are benefiting from the convenience of being able to dip directly into the container with minimal setup and maintenance requirements, without impacting the quality of the finished items.
For more information read our case study here.
For more information on how Jus-Dip can benefit your foundry contact REMET and arrange a trial.
JUSt open the container and DIP
< Back to News