Logistics Partner WH Bowker wins the prestigious Logistics Responsible Care Award for 2012
Neil Bowker received the award on behalf of his team lead by Alan Partington (HSEQ Manager) at the Chemical Business Association (CBA) Luncheon held at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London on 24th April 2013.
The award, initiated to demonstrate the chemical industry’s commitment to continual improvement in health, safety and environmental performance, was presented by Tony Hawks on behalf of the CBA Committee.
The award is measured on a number of key criteria:
- Safety and environmental performance over the year
- Attendance and Participation in seminars
- Provision of data and statistics o the CBA
- Outstanding improvement Plans and Self Assessments
- The finalists are then assessed on their statement which demonstrates how the company complies with the ‘Eight Guiding Principles of Responsible Care’.
In making their decision for this award the judges made particular mention of Bowker’s investment in employee training, most notably covering supply chain security, this was in addition to advancements made in site protection and safety.
Remet congratulates Neil and Bill Bowker and their team in achieving the award; we are proud to have WH Bowker as a logistics partner. It’s great to know that our products are in safe hands.
Photograph courtesy of CBA< Back to News