Colloidal Silica Binder with Polymer Enhancement for Investment Casting
Remet’s enhanced investment casting binders, include a polymer addition that improves the performance of our colloidal Silica range.
The polymer addition is able to further increase the green strength and fired strength of a ceramic shell. In addition to the formation of stronger bonds, the polymer also accelerates the Colloidal Silica’s gelation. Remet’s enhanced investment casting binders speed up processing time as well as reduce the overall number of coats required to produce a ceramic shell.
In addition to the above, enhanced binder systems can also provide the following benefits to the investment casting foundry:
- Buckle, lifting and cracking can be reduced or eliminated on the primary coat
- Improved adhesion of primary coat to wax
- Improved permeability because of added porosity when polymer is burnt out
- Better stucco adhesion
- Slurry rheology and draining are improved. The slurry coating is more even and consistent
- More tolerant of unfavourable environmental conditions (humidity, temperature, air movement)
Remet’s enhanced investment casting binders, enable the casting of more intricate parts and are an essential for the production of premium rate investment castings.
Remet supply our proprietary polymer range ADBOND®, both premixed with our REMASOL® colloidal silica and as a separate concentrate. In addition to this we also supply enhanced Ludox® colloidal silica.
For more information, please ensure you contact one of Remet’s Technical Sales Managers for advice on selecting a grade that meets your specific investment casting requirements.