Cobalt aluminate is used as part of a primary slurry to improve the surface grain of investment casting’s, particularly for superalloys.
A cobalt aluminate composition that has been prepared at temperatures above 1350°C to ensure thermal stability. It has a theoretical composition of 41.5% cobalt oxide and 58.5% alumina. After calcinations, the material is wet ground and sieved to produce a fine powder easily dispersible in aqueous suspensions.
- Produces alloys with a fine-grained structure
- Grain refinement penetrates into the body of the casting
- Finely disseminated network of nucleation centers
- Minimal risk of migration by low melting point metals
- Fully calcined and thermally stable
- Easily dispersed in aqueous suspensions
- Produced to aerospace specifications
- Used by many OEM’s
Approved in accordance with PMC-7022 (Pratt and Whitney) and CSS25 (Rolls Royce).