Starblast™ blasting abrasives are a loose blend of coarse and fine staurolite sands that are well-graded and have clean, rounded to sub-angular surfaces. Mined from Chemours’ mineral deposits in the southeastern United States, these naturally occurring sands are washed to ensure freedom from dirt, dust, and ultrafines. Readily available in packages and in bulk, Starblast™ is the best product on the market for new steel surface preparation.
Starblast™ is a general-purpose abrasive blasting media used in steel fabrication and maintenance blasting to remove rust, mill scale, and weathered coatings as well as surface preparation of other substrates, such as aluminum and concrete. Starblast™ XL, at less than 1% free crystalline silica, meets the most stringent industry and military specifications. Starblast™ abrasives, due to their density and hardness, are also effective in vapor blasting applications. Due to its density and uniformity, Starblast™ XL makes an effective water jet cutting abrasive.
- Greater blasting visibility due to minimal dust generation
- Lower labor costs through faster, more efficient blasting
- Less material costs due to recyclability
- More uniform blasting pattern
- Starblast™ XL guaranteed <1% free silica
- Sub-rounded to sub-angular grains result in less abrasive embedment
- Electrically nonconductive
- California Air Resources Board certified
- SSPC AB-1 Certified
- Starblast™ XL is QPL approved for MIL-A22262A-SH