New Pattern Wash from Remet
EWash™ is the latest development in pattern wash from Remet. EWash pattern wash is a biodegradable alternative to petroleum based solvents used to clean and etch pattern waxes for the investment casting process. EWash is designed to reduce slurry induced surface defects by promoting etching and good prime coat adhesion while emulsifying residual mould release.
Key Features of EWash
EWash offers a wide range of benefits to your foundry, including:
- Rapid Etching – In neat concentration EWash can etch a pattern in just 10 seconds
- Superior Prime Coat Adhesion – The high effectiveness of the surface etch means an increased prime coat adhesion performance
- Optimized Cleaning Performance – EWash’s proprietary formulation provides tailored mould release cleaner as well as excellent rinsing and drying performance
Why Use a Pattern Wash?
Good pattern wash practices are essential for pattern making in the investment casting foundry. Promoting adherence of the slurry onto the wax surface, removing any residual mould release agents preventing lifting or buckling of the prime coat and subsequent bulging on the surface of castings.
All Remet Pattern Washes are:
- Economical to use
- Low evaporation rates
- Non-flammable, but combustible
- 100% water soluble
- Has no special storage or handling requirement, except adequate ventilation
- Can be rinsed from patterns using water or a soap and water solution
- Does not contain flammable, toxic or polluting chemicals
What To Know More?
For more information on EWash and other foundry products speak to your local Remet representative, or contact us directly by email and we will get one of our territory managers to contact you to discuss your requirements further.< Back to News