New Pattern Wash from Remet
EcoWash® Plus is the latest development in pattern wash from REMET. EcoWash Plus pattern wash is a biodegradable alternative to petroleum based solvents used to clean and etch pattern waxes for the investment casting process. EcoWash Plus is designed to reduce slurry induced surface defects by promoting etching and good prime coat adhesion while emulsifying residual mold release.
Key Features of EcoWash Plus
EcoWash Plus offers a wide range of benefits to your foundry, including:
- EcoWash Plus works best at 75-100% strength, but is still very effective at 50% dilution.
- Superior Prime Coat Adhesion – The high effectiveness of the surface etch means an increased prime coat adhesion performance
- Optimized Cleaning Performance – EcoWash Plus’s proprietary formulation provides tailored mold release cleaner as well as excellent rinsing and drying performance
- Lower Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) – Bio-based cleaning ingredients are VOC exempt: EPA (US)
Why Use a Pattern Wash?
Good pattern wash practices are essential for pattern making in the investment casting foundry. Promoting adherence of the slurry onto the wax surface, removing any residual mould release agents preventing lifting or buckling of the prime coat and subsequent bulging on the surface of castings.
All REMET Pattern Washes are:
- Specially formulated to clean both virgin and reclaim waxes.
- Economical to use
- Low evaporation rates
- 100% water soluble
- Has no special storage or handling requirement, except adequate ventilation
- Can be rinsed from patterns using water or a soap and water solution
What To Know More?
For more information on EcoWash and other foundry products speak to your local REMET representative, or contact us directly by email and we will get one of our territory managers to contact you to discuss your requirements further.
< Back to News