Remasol QuikBuild is an innovative pre-formulated binder which helps increase shell thickness to improve shell room productivity.
The binder system has been designed by Remet to increase shell build on back up layers. The proprietary binder also has a polymer component to improve drying and reduce boilerclave cracking. It has a good level of performance in less than ideal drying, environmental and processing conditions.
- Ready to use no mixing required
- For best results use with Remet QuikBuild A and QuikBuild F refractories
- Improved draining characteristics give a more uniform coating.
- Water-based system – no VOC problems.
- The formulation can be optimized to meet the foundry’s specific requirements of strength, processing, speed, etc.
- Lower fired strength for easier knockout.
- Improved stucco adhesion
- Stable pH
- Excellent slurry life
- Superior performance under less than ideal drying, environmental and processing conditions.
- Superior drying to traditional fibre filled shell systems.
- Improved permeability
Remasol Jus-Dip is an innovative pre-formulated slurry which requires no constant mixing or agitation.
The binder system has been designed by Remet as a ready to use slurry, with silica refractory and polymer levels optimised for the best performance. This single system includes both wetting agent and anti-foam which ensures the slurry requires a relatively low level of technical equipment.
- Ready to use – Dip direct into the drum.
- Excellent adhesion to wax.
- Prevents common primary coat defects such as lifting, cracking and buckling.
- Ready to use: Silica and Polymer levels have been optimized to provide maximum adhesion, strength, and elasticity. Wetting agent and anti-foam have been added.
- Can be used as a prime or backup material.
- Stable pH.
- Excellent slurry life.
- Includes REMET® Sci-Dry™ dryness indicator to help ensure shells are ready for re-dipping.
- Works perfectly under less than ideal drying, environmental and processing conditions.
ADBOND® QUIKSET® Concentrate
ADBOND® Quikset Concentrate is a proprietary polymer formulation that significantly enhances the performance properties of REMASOL® SP-BV™ and LP-BV ™ colloidal silica based back up slurries. A shell system containing ADBOND® Quikset Concentrate with either REMASOL® colloidal silica is well suited for decreasing dry time between dips. ADBOND® Quikset was developed to provide up to 20% higher green shell strength with fast processing speed compared to competing polymer binder additives.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Equivalent hot strength with comparable fired strength versus standard binders.
- Proprietary additive decreases drying times between dips.
- Improvement in green strength, especially at very short dry time intervals (1 h)
- Compatible with all standard refractories.
- Formulated for long term stability with REMASOL SP-BV and LP-BV colloidal silica.
- Water based system that is EPA (USA) and REACh (EU) compliant.
- Reduced processing times vs. other colloidal silica binder systems with proper air movement.
- Dry times equaling or surpassing air dried ethyl silicate.
- Fast dry time between dips increases shell room production throughput.
- Higher green strength can reduce shell cracking during shell dewaxing.
- Ideally suited for patterns with cores, blind holes and other difficult to dry areas of shell.
REMASOL® ADBOND® Advantage
REMASOL® ADBOND® Advantage has an increased adhesion to wax surfaces, making it an ideal primary binder. This binder system is incredibly user friendly, designed by REMET® as a ready to use solution, with silica and polymer levels optimised for the best performance.
The monocomponent system additionally includes both wetting agent and anti-foam. This has ensured to create a primary binder that requires a relatively low level of technical expertise to prevent serious problems, with a good level of performance achievable in less than ideal drying, environmental and processing conditions.
REMASOL® ADBOND® BV
REMASOL® ADBOND® BV has been designed as a secondary or backup binder in order to provide faster processing, through reducing the number of coats required for a ceramic shell, and work in process, thereby increasing profitability.
REMET® has achieved this through paying particular attention to the binders wetting ability.
It is available as both as a binder and a concentrate.
- REMASOL ADBOND BV – Binder
- ADBOND BV – Binder Concentrate
REMASOL® ADBOND® Ultra!
REMASOL® ADBOND® Ultra! binder displays all of the qualities of ADBOND® BV although has an enhanced shell build, this enables the use of this binder system to additional gains in productivity. ADBOND Ultra! also has a further increased green and fired strength when compared to the rest of the REMASOL ADBOND range.
It is available as both as a binder and a concentrate.
- REMASOL ADBOND Ultra! – Binder
- ADBOND Ultra! – Binder Concentrate
REMASOL® ADBOND® ADII
REMASOL® ADBOND® ADII is used in conjunction with ADBOND ULTRA! in order to enhance the edge building capabilities for ceramic shell in investment casting.
This is a colloidal Silica is an amorphous synthetic silica appearing as an opalescent liquid free of foreign and gelatinous matter.
LUDOX® HSA Colloidal Silica is used in applications in which sodium or alkali components are not desired, such as coatings, catalysts or in combinations with polar organic solvents. Its formulation is such that it makes LUDOX HSA Colloidal Silica to be one of the most stable deionized colloidal silica on the market.
Key features are:
- High surface area
- Excellent stability
Your REMET® UK technical sales manager can recommend the proper grade to meet your specific requirements.
LUDOX® SK binders are a family of proprietary formulations based on LUDOX brand Colloidal Silicas and a soluble polymer. These binders have been specially processed so that they have the unique ability to be stable in the pH range of 4-7.
LUDOX SK Series offers the following advantages:
- pH control unnecessary
- Very good stability with zircon flour
- Very low sodium
- Water based binder, no VOC problems
- Polymer enhanced properties for reduced buckling and other primary slurry defects
- Good green strength
Although REMET® recommend LUDOX SK as a primary coat binder, it is also suitable for use as a secondary binder. For more information your REMET UK technical sales manager can recommend the proper grade to meet your specific requirements.