Remet Corporation is a leading supplier of engineered solutions and a major supplier of consumables for the global precision investment casting industry. Our team provides quality products, technology, process solutions, and personalized customer service. Each Remet employee plays a crucial role in ensuring the outstanding quality of our products.
The following positions are open at this time. To apply for any of these positions, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email – HR@remet.com
Assistant Controller – Utica, NY
The individual in this position is responsible for assisting the Controller in all aspects of the Corporate Financial management and reporting areas for Remet Corporation and all North American subsidiaries. The individual will also be responsible for the management of the primary payroll function for all US subsidiaries. The incumbent is expected to, with limited assistance, produce monthly financial statements for the US and all US subsidiaries, reconcile inventory, reconcile the fixed asset register, analyze the balance sheet and income statements, provide cost analysis for all US manufacturing sites, calculate the TM / RM variable compensation amounts, complete monthly bank reports, monitor daily cash forecast, calculate customer rebates, assist with the yearly budget preparations, assist with bank and independent audits, assist with yearly medical and insurance renewals, assist with senior management report requests and all other tasks as deemed appropriate.
Supervise and back up production of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for all US employees.
Production of US-based corporate monthly and yearly financial statements.
- Remet Corp
- Remet PIC
- Remet Alcohols
- Remet Enhanced Wax Products (Calwax & Southwest Wax)
- Remet Real Estate
Assist with the annual budget.
Produce monthly lender reports.
Must become familiar with Remet Corporate policies in order to effectively manage and resolve all issues that should arise (income tax, payroll, HR, Insurance, Workers’ Comp, sales tax, cost accounting, etc.).
Incumbent must become familiar with the procedures and operations of other positions within the accounting department (AR and AP).
Assist with quarterly and yearly corporate tax returns.
Assist with any and all financial aspects of the Company.
Other duties and/or projects as may be assigned by management.
Follow all applicable ISO 9001:2015 procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with the documented Quality System. Understand and implement the REMET Quality Policy).
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
This position requires an undergraduate degree (BA or BS) in accounting or finance and 7-10 years of experience within the accounting field. Although not required, an MBA or a Master’s in business is highly sought after. A CPA certification is also highly desirable for this position. The incumbent should possess management skills in addition to accounting skills, and should be able to effectively use MS Excel and MS Word software and applications.
Network Administrator – Utica, NY
The Network Administrator position is responsible for managing and maintaining Information Technology Infrastructure strategies by researching and implementing technological strategic and current application solutions.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of all corporate infrastructure objectives and initiatives within each strategic business unit and at each NorAm facility and location.
- Manages and maintains IT infrastructure control matrix for all NorAm manufacturing facilities and office locations to ensure that all weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and yearly inspections and protocols are completed and in compliance as they relate to local, state, and federally mandated requirements along with the critical management of all safety and security systems located at each site.
- Recommends, maintains and manages site infrastructure needs including hardware, software and communication channels such as the telephone network, system and internet connectivity platforms, Company E-mail system, Company intranet site and security software applications, etc.
- Reviews and negotiates contractual service agreements for all critical network and infrastructure services that are required for the operations of the business.
- Initiates, coordinates and enforces systems, policies, and procedures according to established IT best practices.
- Recommends information and infrastructure technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget for both Capex projects and departmental planning; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Preserves assets and Company Infrastructure and network requirements by implementing and managing a Disaster Recovery (DR) plan and an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) along with back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Supports Senior Management with special projects as assigned in the Infrastructure, IT, and the Security and Communication needs of the Company.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Technical Management, Technical Understanding, Analyzing Information, Informing Others, Problem Solving, Data Center Management, Developing Budgets, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Quality Management.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or other related subject with 3-5 years’ experience in a Network Administrator, Services or Infrastructure role or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint, Avaya Phone Systems and on-site building surveillance and security systems a plus.
- This position requires the knowledge of personal computer and network operations and technologies.
- This position requires the knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server and VMWare.
- This position requires good project and time management skills as well as strong interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels within the REMET organization.
Midwest Territory Manager – WI, MI, IN, OH
The Midwest Territory Manager position is responsible for the field sales and technical support of the Americas Precision Investment Casting (PIC) products in the Midwest Territory Regions (WI, MI, IN, OH) and will report to the Director of Sales, PIC North America.
- Achieve or exceed the planned sales and profitability goals for the territory in accordance with the company’s sales and marketing plans.
- Provide excellent service and support of installed customer base by conducting effective sales and service calls with frequency required for each existing account. Develop and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Identify and target new business opportunities of existing and new products at new and existing accounts to grow sales and profitability of Territory.
- Lead (orchestrate) use of internal support teams to deliver technical and product solutions that lead to sales growth at new and existing accounts.
- Provide technical application information and product recommendations to customers to ensure their satisfaction and to promote sales growth.
- Maintain high productivity level through proper planning and management of sales and service activities and effective time management to maximize sales.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting requirements regarding product performance, sales activities, threatened loss of business, sales forecasts, industry trends, competitive information and activities, account analysis and status to assist management in making informed decisions.
- Perform special projects as requested by the Director of Sales, Americas and/or the Vice President of Americas, along with the Executive Management Team.
Significant travel will be required throughout the Territory (75-80%)
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- This position requires a minimum of two years direct selling experience or 3-5 years of combined technical, operational and/or sales experience in the Investment Casting or similar industry.
- Incumbent must possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, and an ability to sell in a highly competitive industry. Some direct operational or technical foundry experience is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or a technical area of study