REMET Corporation is a leading supplier of engineered solutions and a major supplier of consumables for the global precision investment casting industry. Our team provides quality products, technology, process solutions, and personalized customer service. Each REMET employee plays a crucial role in ensuring the outstanding quality of our products.
The following positions are open at this time. To apply for any of these positions, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email – HR@remet.com
Midwest Territory Manager – WI, MI, IN, OH
The Midwest Territory Manager position is responsible for the field sales and technical support of the Americas Precision Investment Casting (PIC) products in the Midwest Territory Regions (WI, MI, IN, OH) and will report to the Director of Sales, PIC North America.
- Achieve or exceed the planned sales and profitability goals for the territory in accordance with the company’s sales and marketing plans.
- Provide excellent service and support of installed customer base by conducting effective sales and service calls with frequency required for each existing account. Develop and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Identify and target new business opportunities of existing and new products at new and existing accounts to grow sales and profitability of Territory.
- Lead (orchestrate) use of internal support teams to deliver technical and product solutions that lead to sales growth at new and existing accounts.
- Provide technical application information and product recommendations to customers to ensure their satisfaction and to promote sales growth.
- Maintain high productivity level through proper planning and management of sales and service activities and effective time management to maximize sales.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting requirements regarding product performance, sales activities, threatened loss of business, sales forecasts, industry trends, competitive information and activities, account analysis and status to assist management in making informed decisions.
- Perform special projects as requested by the Director of Sales, Americas and/or the Vice President of Americas, along with the Executive Management Team.
Significant travel will be required throughout the Territory (75-80%)
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- This position requires a minimum of two years direct selling experience or 3-5 years of combined technical, operational and/or sales experience in the Investment Casting or similar industry.
- Incumbent must possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, and an ability to sell in a highly competitive industry. Some direct operational or technical foundry experience is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or a technical area of study
To perform the functions necessary in the receipt, storage and distribution of warehoused materials. Perform the tasks necessary to maintain the appearance of equipment and facilities at the required levels. Effectively supervise other warehouse personnel.
- Meeting the customer’s needs and maintaining regulatory compliance by ensuring all shipments are accurate, on time and in compliance with applicable transportation regulations. Promptly inform Operations Manager of any problems.
- Ensure that the proper documentation such as Certificate of Analysis and MSDS’s, accompany shipment.
- Ensure that applicable DOT requirements are met for any shipments containing hazardous materials.
- Fill customer orders accurately per shipping papers to maintain an accurate warehouse inventory.
- Inspect incoming products. Completely and accurately fill out receiving reports.
- Operate required equipment to perform job in a safe and competent manner.
- Perform inventory to determine stock quantities on hand.
- Maintain clean environment to ensure a safe warehouse and work area.
- Perform preventive maintenance and calibrations as per defined procedures.
- Assist as needed / directed by the Director of Operations to support Plant Operations including leadership inspection and awareness of product quality.
- Understand and follow the processes as defined in the Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Manual, and the Quality Policy.
- Follows all applicable ISO 9001 procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with the documented Quality System. Understand and implement the REMET Quality Policy.
The jobholder has frequent contact with Sales Correspondents and Freight carriers to discuss issues related to the delivery of customer orders.
The jobholder must communicate to Director of Operations any and all issues that would impact their ability to perform the job in a safe manner and/or which would affect the quality of the work produced.
Problem Solving Complexity
The jobholder works within the framework of established company policies, procedures and practices. The problems encountered are generally related to equipment breakdowns or matters associated with freight carriers. (i.e. scheduling pickup of freight)
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
This position requires a high school diploma and prior experience. The position requires an awareness of the company’s established policies, rules, regulations and procedures as they relate to safety and health, ISO 9001 and housekeeping. The jobholder must have basic product knowledge and be proficient in all of the packaging, shipping, receiving, and warehousing operations and procedures. The jobholder must also possess the ability to safely operate all equipment and processes. Basic mechanical ability is required to perform routine equipment and building maintenance and repairs.
Plant Manufacturing Engineer
To plan, coordinate, direct and supervise maintenance and security of the facilities, machines and equipment; the execution of approved capital projects; and the design and operation of cost-effective and efficient facilities, equipment and manufacturing processes. In addition, this position provides technical support to all Remet facilities, toll partners and customers in selection of equipment and facilities; and ensures compliance with federal, state and local environmental safety related regulations and codes.
- Plan and direct approved capital projects within capital budget by researching, securing proposals from and assisting in the selection of qualified contractors. Supervise contractors through completion of projects while ensuring conformance within contract terms, specification and deadlines.
- Plan, schedule, direct and monitor general plant maintenance including preventative maintenance and repairs in order to minimize down time.
- Monitor, analyze and control costs related to packaging, equipment maintenance and maintenance supply to ensure that they are within the budgeted amount.
- Research and design new equipment for cost – effective and efficient blending, cooling and packaging.
- Provide technical advice and support to customers as requested in their selection of piping, pumps and equipment.
- Maintain and improve plant heat, light and power systems along with upgrading building and site securities.
- Update and maintain plant drawings using CAD software. Set-up computer software and data bases for monitoring process equipment operation.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with OSHA and other federal, state and city safety and environmental legislation, regulations and codes. Update and maintain environmental risk management and environmental control instruction manuals.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to manufacturing processes. Maintain and upgrade equipment, develop and implement new procedures and methods and improve production flow to reduce costs and / or improve productivity or quality.
- Provide support related to the above to all Remet facilities, toll partners and customers.
The job holder will have frequent contact with the following positions internally: plant managers, supply and distribution managers and appropriate Remet staff regarding maintenance matters, improvements, upgrades, etc.; with plant supervisors in order to coordinate production operations with completion of capital projects, maintenance and repairs; and with Sales for customer related matters.
This individual will have frequent contact externally with contractors regarding proposals and completion of projects, vendors / suppliers of equipment, packaging and maintenance supplies and customers requesting support and/or advice.
Problem Solving Complexity
The major challenge to this position is finding innovative solutions to improve productivity and solve problems as well as scheduling projects, maintenance and repairs without shutting down or severely impeding production. The incumbent also is challenged by having to manage and coordinate multiple, high priority projects.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
This position requires the equivalent of a B.S. in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering with 1 to 3 years of related experience in managing a maintenance function and designing equipment / facilities. The jobholder must have a comprehensive knowledge of OSHA and other federal, state and city safety and environmental laws, regulations and codes; building codes; economics; budgeting and business management. Must possess proficient PC skills (word, excel), hands-on experience with CAD, excellent organizational and communication skills, (written and verbal), and be detailed oriented.