REMET Corporation is a leading supplier of engineered solutions and a major supplier of consumables for the global precision investment casting industry. Our team provides quality products, technology, process solutions, and personalized customer service. Each REMET employee plays a crucial role in ensuring the outstanding quality of our products.
The following positions are open at this time. To apply for any of these positions, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email – HR@remet.com
Manufacturing Inside Sales Representative – AZ
This position provides inside sales and marketing for the Company. This position is responsible for achieving or exceeding growth targets for sales and profitability and enhancing the professionalism and image of REMET in the artisan, jewelry and precision investment casting marketplace.
This position is also responsible for developing and coordinating marketing related programs and activities focused on the artisan and jewelry market segments.
Key Result Areas
- To achieve or exceed the planned sales volume and profitability levels in accordance with REMET strategic sales and marketing plans.
- Ensure future sales growth by directing marketing sales proposals to new accounts and by promoting REMET products to the artisan, jewelry and precision investment casting markets.
- Work with the Territory Managers and technical group to provide technical application information and product recommendations to customers to ensure their satisfaction and to promote sales growth.
- Maintain high productivity level through proper planning and management of telemarketing activities and effective time management to maximize sales.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting requirements regarding sales activities, threatened loss of business, sales forecasts, industry trends, competitive information and activities, account analysis and status to assist management in making informed decisions. Provide Director of Sales with a regular briefing of such information.
- Develop and coordinate marketing related programs and activities focused on the artisan and jewelry market segments.
- Maintain high standards of business ethics and professionalism to enhance REMET’s image as a leader in the jewelry, artisan and investment casting marketplace.
- Where feasible, assist Territory Managers and/or other sales, technical and marketing personnel (on an as needed basis) with relevant market information to aid them in effectively performing their job functions.
- Perform special projects as requested by the Director of Sales or Management.
- Follow all applicable ISO 9000 procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with the documented Quality System. (Understand and implement the REMET Quality Policy.)
Main Working Relationships
- Customer Service – Regular briefing on commercial aspects of customer sales and orders, inventory warehousing and logistics, products, markets and business performance.
- Sales – Assist / liaise with and discuss new and existing business opportunities to ensure most profitable outcome.
- Administrative Personnel – Guidance and forecasts of operations, materials, production requirements, product deliveries and stock. Control of costs, financial planning and quotations.
- Customers – Product recommendation and sales negotiations.
- Suppliers – Product screening and intelligence gathering.
- Trade and Technical Associations – Industry associations, Universities and research establishments.
- Marketing & Technical Functions – Within REMET, exchange commercial information and ideas.
The job requires a moderate level of technical insight into the products and their end use along with a keen commercial ability to understand the implications of costs and profitability. The job requires a good understanding of customer foundry and/or investment casting operations, the ability to identify and understand customer needs and an ability to effectively communicate and sell the benefits of REMET products and services over email or the telephone.
The incumbent must be able to work with and manage the timely overlapping needs of customers and the ability of the REMET support and operational functions to meet those requirements.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
This position requires a minimum of two years direct selling or telemarketing experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field is highly desired. Incumbent must possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organizational skills and an ability to sell in a highly competitive industry. Some direct operational or technical foundry experience is a plus. Spanish fluency is a highly desired. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and CRM software systems.
Administrative Manager (Manufacturing) – AZ
To primarily assist the Remet Operations Director in the day-to-day operations of the Phoenix manufacturing site and administrative offices.
- To open and issue production batch tickets and coordinate production scheduling necessary for the weekly production requirements of both the Phoenix and Mesa plants.
- To coordinate shipping and receiving dates with PIC and EWP Customer Service.
- To handle all of the local shipping documents including the packing lists and bill of ladings.
- To work with Freight Carriers to coordinate and obtain rate quotes and schedule necessary pick-ups.
- To complete, file and process all vital paperwork and documents including Quality, Compliance and Safety documents such as OSHA Forms and Hazard documents in support of the Remet QC Manager.
- To ensure that the facility and offices are kept clean by scheduling and procuring cleaning supplies or contractual services.
- Support and issue Certificates of Authenticity (CofA’s) for Lab Tests which are critical for Quality Control approval and customer shipping requirements.
- Calculate, prepare and review the weekly payroll needs of the Phoenix and Mesa sites to ensure their accuracy and delivery to Payroll and/or Accounts Payable.
- To maintain a running log of the Total Wax Produced and Total Wax Shipped of each facility along with the procurement of ordering daily supplies and materials that are required for operational and administrative needs.
- Provide back up and support to Calwax Customer Service, Procurement and Inside sales.
- To direct new customer inquiries to customer service.
- Assist in any other duties specified by the Operations Director or VP Finance and Administration.
Main Working Relationships
This position supports the Operations Director of the Phoenix and Mesa production facilities along with the Customer Service groups of both EWP (Calwax and SWW) and PIC in addition to the Sales Team for each respective group and the Remet Corp HQ Offices for support in relation to order fulfillment and processing; shipping and receiving of products; payroll processing; Quality, Safety and Compliance matters along with Company administrative policies and procedures.
Daily contact with Freight Carriers to support and satisfy our shipping and receiving needs; Vendors and contractors for procurement and service needs of the facilities; and Customers in servicing and processing orders and inquiries.
This position sees that all major operational and administrative functions of the Phoenix and Mesa sites are in line with the goals of the Company and to ensure that all products are shipped to customers in a timely manner along with preparation of all incoming shipments coordination. This position creates and issue necessary production batch tickets along with the upkeep and organization of all major production and shipping records and documents.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- This position requires knowledge of the internal ERP (Chempax) and the Sales support software systems (e-Chempax).
- The ability to work with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Must possess knowledge of how to fill-out all shipping and receiving documentation.
- Experience with record keeping and processing of payroll files.
- Good arithmetic and communication skills are also required to support all PIC and EWP functions.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an office/administrative management or support role (experience in a manufacturing or warehousing environment is preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Administrative related field highly desired.
Plant Manufacturing Engineer – NY
To plan, coordinate, direct and supervise maintenance and security of the facilities, machines and equipment; the execution of approved capital projects; and the design and operation of cost-effective and efficient facilities, equipment and manufacturing processes. In addition, this position provides technical support to all Remet facilities, toll partners and customers in selection of equipment and facilities; and ensures compliance with federal, state and local environmental safety related regulations and codes.
- Plan and direct approved capital projects within capital budget by researching, securing proposals from and assisting in the selection of qualified contractors. Supervise contractors through completion of projects while ensuring conformance within contract terms, specification and deadlines.
- Plan, schedule, direct and monitor general plant maintenance including preventative maintenance and repairs in order to minimize down time.
- Monitor, analyze and control costs related to packaging, equipment maintenance and maintenance supply to ensure that they are within the budgeted amount.
- Research and design new equipment for cost – effective and efficient blending, cooling and packaging.
- Provide technical advice and support to customers as requested in their selection of piping, pumps and equipment.
- Maintain and improve plant heat, light and power systems along with upgrading building and site securities.
- Update and maintain plant drawings using CAD software. Set-up computer software and data bases for monitoring process equipment operation.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with OSHA and other federal, state and city safety and environmental legislation, regulations and codes. Update and maintain environmental risk management and environmental control instruction manuals.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to manufacturing processes. Maintain and upgrade equipment, develop and implement new procedures and methods and improve production flow to reduce costs and / or improve productivity or quality.
- Provide support related to the above to all Remet facilities, toll partners and customers.
The job holder will have frequent contact with the following positions internally: plant managers, supply and distribution managers and appropriate Remet staff regarding maintenance matters, improvements, upgrades, etc.; with plant supervisors in order to coordinate production operations with completion of capital projects, maintenance and repairs; and with Sales for customer related matters.
This individual will have frequent contact externally with contractors regarding proposals and completion of projects, vendors / suppliers of equipment, packaging and maintenance supplies and customers requesting support and/or advice.
Problem Solving Complexity
The major challenge to this position is finding innovative solutions to improve productivity and solve problems as well as scheduling projects, maintenance and repairs without shutting down or severely impeding production. The incumbent also is challenged by having to manage and coordinate multiple, high priority projects.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
This position requires the equivalent of a B.S. in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering with 1 to 3 years of related experience in managing a maintenance function and designing equipment / facilities. The jobholder must have a comprehensive knowledge of OSHA and other federal, state and city safety and environmental laws, regulations and codes; building codes; economics; budgeting and business management. Must possess proficient PC skills (word, excel), hands-on experience with CAD, excellent organizational and communication skills, (written and verbal), and be detailed oriented.